Sustainable living is a necessity of the present-day world. We are constantly facing increase in electricity tariffs and at the same time, we need more electricity to drive a carbon neutral future. Smart Home systems are not a luxury anymore, but a necessity, with energy management capabilities. The system should be able to enlighten the living space by improving the aesthetics and enhancing the comfort level of the residents. This course will focus on a sustainable Smart Home design, diving into the functionalities and on the development of an eco-system with the coordination and integration of appropriate environmental systems.
Attendees to this session will be able to discuss:
- Client project requirements and objectives that impact the Smart Home design
- The components of the Smart Home system impacted by aesthetic judgement, creative imagination, and critical evaluation
- The impact on the Smart Home design by the physical location, and relevant wider regional, contextual, and environmental issues
- A Smart Home eco-system with the coordination and integration of appropriate environmental systems
This course relates to the following areas of Design:
- 1.2: Design: Project briefing – Establishment, analysis and evaluation of client project requirements and objectives
- 3.2: Design: Conceptual Design – Application of creative imagination, aesthetic judgement, and critical evaluation in formulating design options
- 3.3: Design: Conceptual Design – Design response incorporates assessment of the physical location and relevant wider regional, contextual, and environmental issues
- 4.2: Design: Schematic Design – Evaluation of design options against values of physical, environmental, and cultural contexts.
As the Technical Promotion & Design Manager for Buildings & Infrastructure Segment within ABB’s Electrification business, Sunil represents ABB’s Building Automation portfolio to enable our customers – from building owners and facility managers and engineering consultants to builders, electrical contractors, and system integrators – to design and construct the smart, sustainable, and digital buildings of the future. With more than 14 years of industrial experience, Sunil holds a Bachelor of Technology in Electrical & Electronics Engineering and is a Member of Engineers Australia (EA). He also holds memberships with the Institution of Engineers (IEI), India and Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), USA.